The Gasparilla International Film Festival (GIFF) is a cultural arts institution that inspires, educates and entertains through its annual celebration of film, year-round events, community outreach and social awareness initiatives, while also supporting and cultivating the film industry of Tampa Bay and Florida and making an economic impact on our region.
First launched in the summer of 2006, GIFF has grown into an entertaining and educational year-round entity in Tampa Bay. Well-known for its annual film festival, GIFF is operated by the 501 (c)(3) non-profit Tampa film Institute and continually upholds its mission to provide year-long support for film screening, production, and education throughout the Tampa Bay region.
We would like to congratulate our 2014 AWARD WINNERS:
GIFF 2014 Rising Stars: RJ Mitte, Anna Anissimova, Martha MacIssac
GIFF 2014 Grand Jury Awards:
Special Jury for Acting – Frederikke Dahl Hansen, “Copenhagen”
Special Jury for Filmmaking – Michael Wechsler, “The Red Robin”
Screenwriting – SJ Thompson, “A Long Way From Paris”
Narrative Feature: “Copenhagen”, Directed by Mark Raso
World Showcase: “Melaza”, Directed by Carlos Lechuga
Documentary: “The Longest Game”, Directed by Camille Thoman
New Visions Presented by Indie Pix: “Sand Castles”, Directed by Clenet Verdi-Rose
Short Film: “God’s Got His Head in the Clouds”, Directed by Gianluca Sodaro
College Showcase: “The Bright Side”, Directed by Sarah Wilson Thacker
GIFF 2014 Audience Awards:
Short Film: “CHUB”, Directed by Sam Albis
Documentary: “Ride with Larry”, Directed by Ricardo Villarreal and Andrew Rubin
High School Showcase: “Pendemonium”, Directed by Wesley Hayes
College Showcase: “Tobacco Burn”, Directed by Justin Liberman
Best Florida Production: “….And a Bag of Chips”, Directed by Sabyn Mayfield
Narrative Feature: “Boys of Abu Ghraib”, Directed by Luke Moran
- The Tampa Theatre will host the red carpet world premiere of crime drama ‘There’s Always Woodstock’ on March 19, 2014. The movie will open The Gasparilla International Film Festival. Director Rita Merson, and stars Brittany Snow, Katey Sagal, Ryan Guzman, Allison Miller, Jason Ritter, Anna Anissimova, Rumer Willis and James Wolk are invited to attend with other invited guests. Other Centerpieces include -> Inside LLewyn Davis, Oscar Nominated, written & directed by Joel & Ethan Coen and the U.S. premiere of House of Last Things, a thriller co-starring R.J. Mitte (TV’s Breaking Bad). -> Read the entire article at Tampa Bay Times.
- Rising Star Awards, Celebrity Tributes for Gasparilla International Film Festival 2014 & RJ Mitte of Breaking Bad Amongst Celebrity Guest Attendees –> TAMPA, Fla. (March 11, 2014) – The Gasparilla International Film Festival (GIFF), scheduled forMarch 19-23, will honor Rising Star Award recipients, including: RJ Mitte (Breaking Bad, House of Last Things), Anna Anissimova (Father of Invention, The Trials of Cate McCall, There’s Always Woodstock) and Martha MacIsaac (Greek, Superbad, 1600 Penn).
- The eighth annual Gasparilla International Film Festival will screen more than 100 movies and shorts, including “Chu and Blossom,” a coming-of-age comedy shot entirely in the Bay area.->
…at the end of the day, Get Your Popcorn Out!
Celebrating the best independent filmmakers from around the world, each March, GIFF pivots Tampa deep into the “City of the Arts” movement that runs deeply through the cultural and historical veins of our beloved city. We applaud the talent, tireless effort and dedication of our leadership, volunteers, sponsors, members and visionaries that continues to energize Tampa’s Film Festival and provide our community the unforgettable, chaotic and extraordinary celebration of FILM.
We believe in the power and magic of film!
- The official 2014 GIFF Brand was created by The Clear Agency. Talented artists, designers & beautiful models were called to a photo-shoot, creating original brand designs for the 8th annual Gasparilla International Film Festival using the theme “Magic 8 Ball.”
- GIFF is the proud recipient of Creative Loafing’s 2013 “Best Film Festival” Award.
- “Entertainment Management and Producing, the power combo” Sam Maydew (The Education of Charlie Banks, Video Game High School), the producer of the cult classic “SLC Punk“, provides his insight and his path to building talent from within to breaking into the new evolution of filmed entertainment. His management clients include: Eliza Dushku, Martin Lawrence, Emile Hirsch, and Vincent D’Onofrio while currently juggling projects with HBO, Lionsgate, and ABC. Learn from one of the top power managers in the business.
- Cuisine Short Films - Friday, March 21, 2014 | 4:30-6:00pm at the Tampa Museum of Art, 120 W Gasparilla Plaza, Tampa, FL 33602 - Short Films about Food include Sriracha, Sausage, Vroom Vroom Yum Yum, Baking Alaska & Sikh Formaggio.
- 2014 Gasparilla International Film Festival Program Guide is everything Festivalgoers need to experience GIFF at its best. Stay after the films for Q&A with filmmakers and actors to discover a one-of-a-kind interactive experience with filmmaking.
keep GIFF going!
2013 FESTIVAL HIGHLIGHTS!
GIFF in the News!
Jerry Ferrara Seizes An ‘Empire’.
COLIN FARRELL Drops in at Gasparilla Film Festival!
But the reality of the situation…it wasn’t a complete shock. Just a well orchestrated treat. “It really was a planned visit, but a surprise to the Tampa community,” says GIFF President Joe Restaino.
In support of his friend (who also serves as Farrell’s executive assistant), the actor walked side-by-side with Ante Novakovic, director and co-writer of “The Fix.” And while Farrell did pose for a few pictures outside of… Read More
- The Tampa Theatre will host the red carpet world premiere of crime drama ‘Empire State’ on March 19, 2013. The movie will open The Gasparilla International Film Festival. Director Dito Montiel, and stars Dwayne Johnson, Liam Hemsworth, Emma Roberts & Jerry Ferrara are invited to attend with other invited guests. Followup -> The historic Tampa Theatre was jam packed with attendees, filmmakers and celebs. The film’s red carpet guest included director Dito Monteil, producer Randall Emmett and co-star Michael Angarano. Read the entire article at Examiner.com.
were just as exciting!
The planet does not need more successful people, the planet desperately needs more peacemakers, healers, restorers.
STORYTELLERS and lovers of all kinds.